26 December 2009

Year End Lists Start Now! My Favourite Songs in 2009

So I have been ruminating on the past year and have already started my year end lists. Let's start with songs. These are the songs that I enjoyed most this year. Maybe they were not released in this year, but I discovered them and listened the hell out of them in 2009:

1. Best I Ever Had – Drake
2. Zero – The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. I’m an Animal – Neko Case
4. Bulletproof - La Roux
5. Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys
6. Ego – Beyonce
7. Sweet Dreams – Beyonce
8. Sarah – Bat for Lashes
9. Daniel – Bat for Lashes
10. Poker Face – Lady Gaga
11. Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
12. Help I’m Alive – Metric
13. Knock You Down – Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Neyo
14. Life in Marvelous Times – Mos Def
15. Blue Skies – Noah and the Whale
16. Panic Switch – Silversun Pickups
17. Oh My God – Ida Maria
18. Day and Night – Kid Cudi
19. Make Her Say – Kid Cudi, Kanye West & Common
20. Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
21. Saviour – Rise Against
22. Dead and Gone – T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake
23. My Life Would Suck Without you – Kelly Clarkson
24. Love Story – Taylor Swift
25. Hell – Tegan and Sara
26. Alligator – Tegan and Sara
27. I Run to you – Ladu Antebellum
28. You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift
29. Boys Wanna Be Her – Peaches
30. Last Dance – The Raveonettes
31. Young Pilgrims – The Shins
32. I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman - K-Os
33. Fino + Bleed – Die Mannequin
34. Auditorium – Mos Def
35. I Am Not the Sun – The Arkells

What did you enjoy listening to this year?

1 comment:

tanya said...

The Arkells are definitely one of my favourite bands of the year! I saw them play at Virginfest this summer. Their music always makes me happy.