31 December 2009

Rhonda's Favourite Movies

I go to the theatre far less often than I used to since we got a 46 inch TV. So even though I LOVE movies, I often wait until I can get them on DVD and watch them in the comfort of my own living room. This means that my favourite movies of this year may not have been released in 2009, but these are the best movies I watched in 2009:


1. Star Trek – This was a perfect movie in my opinion. The comedic timing, the one-liners, the action, John Cho…loved it all.
2. The Hangover – So, uproarious actually does describe this movie. And the Mike Tyson punch…awesome.
3. Whip It – So I love fringe sports and strong female characters and Ellen Page. I also loved the soundtrack.
4. 500 Days of Summer – Cute, slightly unconventional, Joseph Gordon Levitt is hot now…oops, did I actually write that.
5. The Watchmen – Not what everyone expected, but those were the people who hadn’t read the comic/graphic novel. I did think a lot of what was in the comic was missing, but I still loved the cinematography, the acting, and the characters.
6. Taken – This was an excellent action movie. ‘Nuff said
7. Fired Up – Pure fluff, but funny! And I love cheerleading.
8. Green Lantern: First Flight – This was a great animated movie. It was a great introduction to the Green Lantern world but still drew comic fans in with the action as well.
9. Wall-E – Loved everything about it!
10. Role Models – My gosh, I think I snorted I laughed so much at this movie and I love Paul Rudd.
11. P.S I Love you – Gerard Butler. Geoffrey Dean Morgan. Ireland. A tale about following your dreams and little adventures. This movie was sad and romantic and inspiring.

Tanya, our lists were more different than I thought…but I still see some similarities…

1 comment:

tanya said...

Yeah, our lists are different, but I liked a lot of the movies on your list. I had forgotten about Role Models. That movie was soooo funny. Paul Rudd <3