25 November 2009

Songs titled "Wake Up"

I feel like my mind is in a perpetual state of drowsiness or at least not cooperating with my desire for it to function on a higher level. In a nice bit of synchronicity, my iPhone playlist decided to play "Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire and then immediately play "wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine. That got me thinking about how often a song title is used by different bands and so I wrote this list of bands / musicians that have songs titled "Wake Up". I'm sure this is not an exhaustive list and I certainly am not commenting on the quality of these songs, but off the top of my head this is a lot.

1. The Arcade Fire
2. Rage Against the Machine
3. Coheed and Cambria
4. Hillary Duff
5. Three Days Grace
6. Slapshock
7. Korn
8. Fergie
9. Tavares
10. Alanis Morrissette
11. Run DMC
12. The Doors
13. Merle Haggard
14. Missy Elliot
15. Alicia Keyes
16. The Replacements
17. Story of the Year
18. The Living End
19. Sarah Slean
20. Orbit
21. Hanson
22. Alphaville
23. XTC
24. Powerman 5000

What am I missing?

No comments: