04 June 2009

Taking my cues from Rhonda

So, after reading Rhonda's list, I put my own together.

1. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland / Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll (my all time favourite book ever)
2. Parenthesis - Julian Barnes
3. The Harry Potter Series - The Half Blood Prince is the best of the bunch
4. Son of a Witch - Gregory Maguire
5. Monkey Beach - Eden Robinson
6. The Giver - Lois Lowry
7. Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neill
8. Persuassion - Jane Austen (So that this one doesn't sound like the pretentious english major choice, I feel the need to mention that I hate almost everything else by Jane Austen)
9. Written on the Body - Jeanette Winterson
10. The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K. LeGuin

There are so many others, but if this is "probably" the top ten.
The Twilight Series is a super guilty pleasure that is totally escapist reading, but I don't think I can include it in the list of favourites.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

So, now I have some books to add to my must-read list. I am LOVING the Harry Potter series! And yes, I could have included some classics, but I haven't been in that mood lately. Ah well, would my professors be ashamed? Who cares!